This medium bodied wine is ripe and lush with layers of pomegranate, licorice and spice notes. The wine is accented by a fine-grained tannic structure with a lingering freshness. The mouth is full, yet not too heavy and the finish is long. Approachable now, this wine will only improve with age.
- Varietal100% Grenache
- AppellationAlexander Valley
- Soil TypeRocky Hillside soils with clay and sand
- VineyardMila Estate, Block 3
- VinesHead pruned, 4’x8’ spacing
- FarmingBiodynamic, dry farmed or minimal irrigation
- WinemakingField, cluster and berry sorted fruit, 50% whole cluster, fermented in open top stainless steel, natural yeast for primary and malolactic fermentations, bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Elevage18 months in new French Oak 500L puncheons and 12 months in bottle.
- Production100 cases