This wine has an intense ruby red color with a dark violet hue. The nose has hints of spiciness with notes of fennel and fragrant aromas of cassis and espresso. The palate is dense with layers of black fruit, licorice and chocolate. Soft tannins are persistent and tightly knit with finesse.
- Varietal50% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 20% Carignan, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
- AppellationAlexander Valley
- Soil TypeRocky Hillside soils with clay and sand
- VineyardMila Estate
- VinesHead pruned, 4’ x 8’ spacing for Grenache and Carignan, Trellised, 3.5’ x 6’ spacing for Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon
- FarmingBiodynamic, dry farmed or minimal irrigation
- WinemakingField, cluster and berry sorted fruit, 33% whole cluster for Grenache and Syrah, fermented in open top stainless steel, natural yeast for primary and malolactic fermentations, bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Elevage18 months in neutral French Oak barrels and 12 months in bottle.
- Production210 cases
AVAILABLE SPRING 2020