The initial nose is black currant with chocolate and espresso notes and a hint of leather. The wine is full bodied and displays a dense ruby/purple color. On the palate, it reveals layers of black cherries, graphite and earthy nuances.
- Varietal97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Syrah
- AppellationAlexander Valley
- Soil TypeRocky Hillside soils with clay and sand
- VineyardMila Estate, Block 1
- VinesTrellised, 3.5’x6’ spacing
- FarmingBiodynamic, dry farmed or minimal irrigation
- WinemakingField, cluster and berry sorted fruit, fermented in open top stainless steel, natural yeast for primary and malolactic fermentations, bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Elevage24 months in new French Oak barrels and 18 months in bottle.
- Production120 cases