Its nearly opaque, dark blue core with accents of flashy purple reflect the dark fruits and spice aromas that follow this fruit driven yet quietly intense wine. The palate is rich and layered with notes of huckleberry, dark cranberry and boysenberry bringing this wine to a soft and supple
- Varietal80% Grenache, 20% Syrah
- AppellationAlexander Valley
- Soil TypeRocky Hillside soils with clay and sand
- VineyardMila Estate
- VinesHead Trained, 4’ x 8’ spacing for Grenache and Trellised, 3.5’ x 6’ spacing for Syrah
- FarmingBiodynamic, dry farmed or minimal irrigation
- WinemakingField, cluster and berry sorted fruit, 33% whole cluster, fermented in open topstainless steel, natural yeast for primary and malolactic fermentations, bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Elevage18 months in neutral French Oak barrels for Grenache and 18 months in new French Oak 265L barrels for Syrah and 1 year in bottle.
- Production90 cases