Deep, bright violet color. Intensely perfumed nose combines blue fruits, candied flavors, and spice. This fruit driven, yet quietly intense wine offers a palate of raspberry and cherry with mineral nuances. Supple tannins give shape to a long velvety finish. It's ready to drink now and will age well.
- Varietal80% Grenache, 20% Syrah
- AppellationAlexander Valley
- Soil TypeRocky Hillside soils with clay and sand
- VineyardMila Estate
- VinesHead Trained, 4’ x 8’ spacing for Grenache and Trellised, 3.5’ x 6’ spacing for Syrah
- FarmingBiodynamic, dry farmed or minimal irrigation
- WinemakingField, cluster and berry sorted fruit, 33% whole cluster, fermented in open topstainless steel, natural yeast for primary and malolactic fermentations, bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Elevage18 months in neutral French Oak barrels for Grenache and 18 months in new French Oak 265L barrels for Syrah and 12 months in bottle.
- Production147 Cases